The switch kit contains everything you will need to quickly and easily switch your checking, savings, and even money market accounts to Service 1st.
You will want to stop writing checks and conducting automatic electronic transactions on your old account to avoid any non-sufficient funds or overdraft fees from your previous institution. Be sure to confirm all electronic payments and deposits have been switched to Service 1st. If you will be mailing in change forms to 3rd parties, you may wish to call them to confirm that they have received your request and made the changes.
- employer direct deposit forms: Geisinger, Danville Area School District, Bucknell University, or use the generic form
- social security: form or call 1.800.772.1213, http://www.ssa.gov
- Department of Veteran Affairs, 1.877.838.2778 or 1.800.827.1000, http://www.va.gov
- Office of Personnel Management, 1.888.767.6738, http://www.opm.gov
- Railroad Retirement Board, 1.877.772.5772
- Unemployment Benefits, 1.888.313.7284, http://www.dli.state.pa.us
- Pennsylvania Child Support, 1.877.727.7238, http://www.childsupport.state.pa.us
- print the direct deposit checklist as a resource
Cut up or shred any information with your previous financial institution’s information, account number, location, etc. This includes:
- old checks
- ATM cards
- VISA check cards
- deposit slips