Whether you’re learning to spend, save, borrow, or manage your money wisely, Service 1st is the place to go for financial education. We’ve got the tools, resources, and experts to guide you through every stage of your personal financial journey.
Financial Check Up - Ready for the next step? Prepare for your free Financial Check Up! You’ll need to print and complete a Financial Check Up worksheet. Once you've completed the form, you'll want to schedule an appointment with a member of our team. Click here to schedule an appointment today at any of our branch locations or call us at 800.562.6049.
Additional Information & Resources - Check out the topics below for additional tools and resources. If you still need more information to find what you're looking for, select the "Let's Talk!" icon at the bottom of our page and a Service 1st team member will assist you.
- Review best practices for Checking Account Management . (Online How-To Course)
- Seek help and review the Financial First Aid program . (Online How-To Course)
- Schedule a Financial Check Up at Service 1st
- Creating a budget is important. Learn how to get started today!
- Create and use a household budget. (Online budgeting tool)
- Set up an Automatic Transfer to a Savings Account.
You’ve heard the old saying, "live within your means." Easier said than done for some. The important thing is that you’ve reached a point where you realize your life would be a lot less stressful if you didn’t have bills to worry about. Short of winning the lottery, what can you do? Here are a few steps that will help.
All your hard work in managing your finances, budgeting and saving could go to waste if you don’t have the right type and amount of insurance coverage in the case of an unexpected loss or tragedy. Check out these tips on insurance coverage to be sure you’re protected.
- Tips to help you save on auto insurance.
- How much auto insurance do I need?
- How can I reduce my auto insurance costs?
- Insurance terms you should know.
Home Owners Insurance
Think buying a home is confusing? Check out these resources to learn more about the process before you get started. Knowledge is power and most times can lead to money saved!
Click here to schedule an appointment with a member of our lending team. They can help guide you through each stage of the process and be right by your side once you're ready to make your purchase.
Home Loan Calculators
It never too late or too early to start planning for your retirement. The Service 1st Retirement & Investment Center* can help. Our team of knowledgeable and experienced financial professionals are devoted to serving your retirement, insurance and investment needs.
- Call 570.271.7597 to schedule a no cost, co obligation appointment with a financial professional from the Service 1st Retirement & Investment Center today.
*Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Service 1st Federal Credit Union and Service 1st Retirement and Investment Center are not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using Service 1st Retirement and Investment Center, and may also be employees of Service 1st Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, Service 1st Federal Credit Union or Service 1st Retirement and Investment Center. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
The LPL Financial registered representative(s) associated with this website may discuss and/or transact business only with residents of the states in which they are properly registered or licensed. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident of any other state.
If you’re good at planning ahead, you may have thought about it before your child was even born. After all, it’s one of the major responsibilities you face as a parent: your child’s college education. Personal growth and expanded horizons are reason enough to send a child to college, but there are more practical considerations, too. College graduates have more jobs to choose from, and they generally make more money than people who have a high school education. That makes college education very important for your child’s future.
Learn how you can plan for your child's education.
- Credit Reports
- Credit Score
- Credit Counseling - Did you know Service 1st has over twenty certificate credit union financial counselors? They look forward to reviewing your current financial plan and goals with you and can help you identify a strategy that will work best for you and your family. Click here to schedule an appointment today. There is no charge or obligation.
- Financial Calculators
- Building Your Financial House - Pennsylvania Office of Financial Education
- Shared Branching - We're right by your side. Heading out on vacation or a business trip? Service 1st members can visit over 5,500 shared branching credit union locations to make transactions. Visit the link to learn more.
- Biz Kid$ - This is a great resource to help educate children, teens and young adults about financial matters that they need to know about as they get older. From allowance to tuition and even starting small businesses, this interactive information is sure to spark some smart and savvy, not to mention healthy, financial habits.
- U.S. Mint for Kids
- U.S. Currency Education Program