Whether you’re learning to spend, save, borrow, or manage your money wisely, Service 1st is the place to go for financial education. We’ve got the tools, resources, and experts to guide you through every stage of your personal financial journey.
Financial Check Up - Ready for the next step? Prepare for your free Financial Check Up! You’ll need to print and complete a Financial Check Up worksheet and schedule an appointment with a credit union representative. Call us at 800.562.6049 or email Service1@Service1.org to schedule your appointment today!
- Review best practices for Checking Account Management . (Online How-To Course)
- Seek help and review the Financial First Aid program . (Online How-To Course)
- Schedule a Financial Check Up at Service 1st
- Learn why budgeting is important
- Create and use a household budget. (Online budgeting tool)
- Set up an Automatic Transfer to a Savings Account as an Emergency Fund
You’ve heard the old saying, "live within your means." Easier said than done for some. The important thing is that you’ve reached a point where you realize your life would be a lot less stressful if you didn’t have bills to worry about. Short of winning the lottery, what can you do? Here are a few steps that will help.
All your hard work in managing your finances, budgeting and saving could go to waste if you don’t have the right type and amount of insurance coverage in the case of an unexpected loss or tragedy. Check out these tips on insurance coverage to be sure you’re protected.
- 5 things to consider when purchasing auto insurance
- How much auto insurance do I need?
- How can I reduce my auto insurance costs?
- What’s covered by auto insurance policies?
Home Owners Insurance
Think buying a home is confusing? Check out these resources to learn more about the process before you get started. Knowledge is power and most times can lead to money saved!
Home Loan Calculators
Home Owner’s Insurance
Designed exclusively for credit union members, and located right at the credit union, the Service 1st Retirement & Investment Center is a full-service financial advisory program. We provide retirement, insurance and investment services and we’re here to help you and your family through a lifetime of financial planning needs - from those just starting a savings plan, to those with sizable assets looking for more sophisticated management tools.
- Schedule an appointment with a Service 1st Retirement & Investment Center Representative
Personal growth and expanded horizons are reason enough to send a child to college, but there are more practical considerations, too. College graduates have more jobs to choose from, and they generally make more money than people who have a high school education. That makes college education very important for your child’s future. Learn how you can plan for your child's education.
Need some help finding the right path for your financial future? You’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together an itinerary that takes in all the basics for your journey to learn more about saving and investing. Traveling down the right road to achieving financial well-being is one of the most important trips that you’ll ever make in life. You don’t have to be a genius to do it... and you don’t have to be rich... you just need to hit the road and get started with investing!
- Learn how CUNA Brokerage Services can help you manage your investments
- Purchase stocks with MEMBERS FOLIO Investing
- Explore Mutual Funds investment options
- Learn about Variable and Fixed Annuities
- Consider Variable Universal Life Insurance
- Research the benefits of a 529 College Savings Plan
Learn more about traditional savings plans
- Financial Calculators
- Money Management Financial Workbooks - CUNA Mutual Group
- Your Money’s Best Friend - Pennsylvania Office of Financial Education
- Check out Tons of Ways to Save Money
- Review helpful articles on death, funerals, and estates
- Learn how to better prepare and Educate Children about personal finance
Review other Personal Finance Articles