better choice checking
a better choice, with better checking
If you have recently been denied a checking account at another financial institution, we may have the solution you're looking for. A Better Choice Checking Account lets you work towards a regular checking account over time.
better choice checking account
- Minimum deposit to open account is $25
- No monthly minimum balance required to maintain account.
- Monthly fee of $4.99 until the account meets the requirements to become a regular checking account.
- After 12 months in good standing, the member may request the account to be reviewed and changed to a regular checking account.
- Direct Deposit required. Account will be closed if Direct Deposit is stopped.
To apply for a Better Choice Checking Account, stop by the Service 1st branch nearest you.
Terms and Restrictions: No VISA® Check Card for first 6 months. Members may apply for VISA® Check Card after 6 months of clean history. Maximum hold applied (9-day per Reg CC) on all checks except for payroll or government checks for the first 30 days. Thereafter, 2-day hold required for life of Better Choice Checking Account. No dividends paid to accounts. Initially, no overdraft protection (Personal Line Of Credit or savings) available. Member may apply for overdraft protection after 6 months of clean history. See office for additional requirements.