skip-a-pay this season!
Whether you are looking for some extra cash, or simply need to make a little extra room in your budget, we want to help. Our Skip-A-Payment program allows members the opportunity to skip one month's payment, per qualified Service 1st loan, per calendar year. To find out if your next payment is eligible, simply start by logging in to Service 1st online banking.
how skip-a-payment works
- Log in to Service 1st online banking.
- Click on the more menu tab or ". . . "from the main menu and then select "Skip-A-Payment."
- Agree to the terms and conditions, then click “Continue.”
- Follow the prompt to select the account you’d like the Skip-A-Payment processing fee* to be taken from. Once complete, you will see a Skip-A-Payment confirmation.
frequently asked questions...
- How do I know if my loan is eligible to be skipped? If your loan is eligible, it will be listed below. Keep in mind, if you don't see your loan listed, it could be an ineligible loan type, a loan that was previously skipped or it's a loan with a joint owner and just requires additional documentation.
- What loan types are ineligible? This program is not available for student loans, commercial/business loans, credit cards, first mortgage loans, home equity lines of credit/everyday equity lines of credit, and personal lines of credit/flexlines.
- My loan has a co-borrower. Can I still skip-a-payment? Loans with co-borrowers require additional documentation. Click here to access the Skip-A-Payment request and online signature form.
need a little help?
For more information, call our Contact Center at 800.562.6049.
Click here to access the Skip-A-Payment request and online signature form.
*There is a $30 processing fee per loan skipped. The fee applies to one monthly payment, two consecutive bi-weekly payments or four consecutive weekly payments. Once you complete the process, you’ll receive a confirmation and your next scheduled monthly payment will be skipped. Interest will continue to accrue (at the rate provided in your original loan agreement) during the skip period and will be paid before any payments, once payments resume. Skipping a payment will result in you having to pay higher total interest than if you made your payment as originally scheduled. This payment skip will extend the term of your loan(s) and you will have to make extra payment(s) after your loan(s) would otherwise be paid off. You will be required to resume your regular monthly payments in the months following the skip. If you previously elected credit life and/or disability insurance, the insurance coverage will not be extended beyond the original maturity date. If you previously elected GAP, skipping payments may affect the GAP payout at total loss. If recent data shows that you have been delinquent for any reason, the credit union reserves the right to deny your request to Skip-A-Payment. If your request is denied, the credit union will contact you. Not available on student loans, commercial/business loans, credit cards, first mortgage loans, home equity lines of credit/everyday equity lines of credit, and personal lines of credit/flexlines. Loans must have been opened at least six (6) months prior to the date the request is received to qualify. Maximum of one skip per loan per calendar year. Additional restrictions may apply. If your loan is set up for automatic transfer from an external source or home banking, it is your responsibility to cancel the transfer and request that it is restarted after the Skip-A-Payment(s).