calendar photo contest
Are you an amateur photographer? We're looking for images that capture the beauty of the local communities for our 2024 Calendar. Photos must be from these counties: Columbia, Luzerne, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, or Union, or within 15 miles of the county border. See below for contest rules.
maximize image quality
As a rule, the higher the resolution, the better the picture. Check your camera’s instructions to figure out how to change the resolution settings. For premium printing results, always select the maximum offered photo size and quality. We recommend using no less than 12 mega pixels or 4000 x 3000. Submitted images should be in TIF or JPG format.
submitting your image to our contest
Images must be submitted as an attachment by email to: email@example.com. In the body of your email, you must include the following: your full name, years of membership, daytime phone, and description of photo including the town and county in which it was taken.
Service 1st Federal Credit Union reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, whether a submitted image is acceptable.
- Contest runs from January 1 to July 1, 2023.
- Maximum of four photo submissions per member.
- Submission of photo(s) grants Service 1st FCU permission to use the photo in marketing materials without additional compensation.
- Photos must be submitted via email (see submitting your image above). Paper entries or entries submitted on any portable media (CD’s, flash drives, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Photos must be horizontal (vertical photos will be disqualified). Photos must represent the following PA counties: Columbia, Luzerne, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, and Union or within 15 miles of the county border.
- All photos must have been taken by an amateur photographer (A person that has never taken money for their photography).
- Photos containing provocative, violent, sexual, culturally or socially insensitive material will not be accepted. Photos that are discriminatory in any way will be disqualified. Copyrighted/trademarked photos will be disqualified.
- Photos should be of landscapes, architecture, nature, and/or wildlife. We will not accept photos where people are the main subject or are overtly present in the image.
- Service 1st assumes no responsibility for submissions. Selected images are used on a non-exclusive basis. Service 1st retains the right to use winning photos in any advertising and/or promotion it deems suitable.
- Select photographs will be visible on Facebook. Please "Like" us in order to promote your photography.
- Final photography choices will be selected by the Service 1st Marketing Department.
Photos will be selected to appear on the cover and each month in our 2024 Calendar. The calendar will be distributed to members on International Credit Union Day, Thursday, October 19, 2023. Winners will be notified by phone or email. Individuals whose photos are selected will each receive a $50 VISA® Gift Card. The winning photos will be identified in the calendar along with the winner’s name.
* Service 1st is not responsible for any lost, delayed, or incomplete entries. All decisions of Service 1st regarding this photo contest are final. Service 1st may change the terms and conditions or any aspect of this program without advance notice.