Coronavirus, COVID-19 | Member Information and Resources
At Service 1st, we truly enjoy helping you achieve your financial goals and we aren’t about to let Coronavirus, COVID-19 stand in your way. This page is a resource to help you navigate this uncharted time, stay up-to-date on operations at your credit union and connect you with some additional opportunities, tools and resources. We’re in this together and we’ve got you covered.
we’ve got you covered
- Have you been directly impacted by Coronavirus, COVID-19?
If you have been directly affected by Coronavirus, COVID-19 and are in need of assistance in making a Service 1st loan payment or have other account concerns, please contact one of our Member Service Representatives at 800.562.6049, to discuss the options we have available to assist you at this difficult time.
- Special Spring VISA® Credit Card Skip A Payment
You may be eligible to "skip" your Service 1st VISA® Platinum Credit Card
payment for May and June 2020.
If you are eligible to participate in this Skip-A-Payment program, your April 2020 and May 2020 statements will include the following message: You may skip this month's minimum payment on your account. Finance charges will continue to accrue.
You will also see "none" in the minimum payment section.
To take advantage of this opportunity, simply do not make your payment by its May or June 2020 due date.
* We'll take care of the rest.
For more information about our Skip-A-Payment program or to inquire about your payment due in April 2020,
call our Contact Center at 800.562.6049.
On Friday, March 27, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, became law.
- Member Business Lending and the CARES Act
The CARES Act focuses on assisting small businesses with emergency grants and a forgivable loan program for companies with 500 or fewer employees. It is our understanding that the legislation does not provide direct relief to real estate investments with commercial or residential tenants. However, real estate investors with commercial tenants may direct their corporate tenants to apply for relief loans when available.
By April 15, 2020
, the Treasury and Small Business Administration will provide guidance on how businesses can obtain these loans and the procedures for financial institutions to disburse the loans. At this time, the loans and grants created in the CARES Act are unavailable through the credit union, but we are closely monitoring developments as they occur and will provide updates when these programs become available. The loans allow for the loan proceeds to be used to maintain payroll, keep workers on the books or pay for rent, mortgage and existing debt and could be forgiven, provided workers stay employed through the end of June. The legislations also provides up to $17 billion to cover six months of payments for small businesses on existing SBA loans.
If you have questions, please call our Contact Center at 800.562.6049, to be directed to a member of our business development and specialized lending team.
credit union operation updates
to view member notices.
The following convenience services will help you efficiently manage your finances. We understand that you may be uncomfortable getting started. No problem. We’re just a call or a click away. Our team will help you set up these services and guide you through transactions.
- Service1st@Home online banking
- Service1st Mobile App
- Service 1st Teller Phone
- Mobile Deposits – deposit checks right from your mobile device! To get started, simply download our mobile app from your device’s store. Once you are logged in, you’ll choose “Mobile Deposit Service,” then “Make A Deposit.” Read the notice that will also share the daily limit and select continue. Endorse your paper checks with your signature and “S1 Mobile Deposit Only.” You will then be prompted to scan both sides of your paper check.
- Night Deposit Boxes – you can use these anytime you need to make a deposit. They are located at all of our offices.
- Access to over 55,000 ATMs – looking for an ATM nearby? Click here to use our ATM/Branch Locator to find a surcharge-free ATM near you.
stay connected | helpful links
- Stay alert. Evil doers never take a break from trying to scam good people. Don't be a victim. Check out the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) page for updates.
- Check out the links below from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
- Let's work together. We are asking employees to follow the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) hygiene and disease prevention guidance and encourage members to do so as well. And, don't forget to stay calm. By working together, we'll get through this.
*Skip-A-Payment eligibility is based on certain credit criteria. If you elect to participate, finance charges will continue to accrue during the skip period and will be paid before any payments to principal, once payments resume. Skipping a payment will result in you having to pay higher total finance charges than if you made your payments as originally scheduled. You will be required to resume your regular monthly payments in the month following the skip. Contact credit union for full program details.