Coronavirus, COVID-19 | Member Information and Resources
At Service 1st, we truly enjoy helping you achieve your financial goals and we aren’t about to let Coronavirus, COVID-19 stand in your way. This page is a resource to help you navigate this uncharted time, stay up-to-date on operations at your credit union and connect you with some additional opportunities, tools and resources. We’re in this together and we’ve got you covered.
we’ve got you covered
- Have you been directly impacted by Coronavirus, COVID-19?
If you have been directly affected by Coronavirus, COVID-19 and are in need of assistance in making a Service 1st loan payment or have other account concerns, please contact one of our Member Service Representatives at 800.562.6049, to discuss the options we have available to assist you at this difficult time.
credit union operations updates
On Friday, February 19, we announced that all Service 1st lobbies would reopen on March 1, 2021.
Following a surge in COVID-19 cases in mid-November, the credit union closed their lobbies limiting access to by appointment only and their drive-ups to help control the spread of the coronavirus.
Service 1st has a number of safeguards in place to help benefit the well-being of visitors and staff in the lobbies. Employees are required to wear masks and follow best practices for social distancing, handwashing and keeping their workspace clean. Visitors are also required to wear masks. Social distancing reminders and sneeze guards are in place anywhere business is transacted to provide additional protection.
Click here to read our full member notice.
| Click here
to view past member notices.
On Friday, March 27, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, became law.
- Member Business Lending and the CARES Act
The CARES Act focuses on assisting small businesses with emergency grants and a forgivable loan program for companies with 500 or fewer employees. It is our understanding that the legislation does not provide direct relief to real estate investments with commercial or residential tenants. However, real estate investors with commercial tenants may direct their corporate tenants to apply for relief loans when available.
By April 15, 2020, the Treasury and Small Business Administration provided guidance on how businesses could obtain these loans and the procedures for financial institutions to disburse the loans.
Over the past few months, Service 1st processed over 113 payroll protection program loans, providing over $6 million in assistance to local businesses.
If you have questions regarding the CARES ACT, please call our Contact Center at 800.562.6049, to be directed to a member of our business development and specialized lending team.
- Payroll Protection Program Loans (PPP) and Applications for Forgiveness
The next application phase for Payroll Protection Program (PPP) loans has begun. As an approved Small Business Administration (SBA) lender, we want to help provide you with the application information, links and resources you will need to complete the Payroll Protection Program Loan application process. Click here
to learn more.
- Economic Impact Payment Update
Some economic impact payments (as part of the Coronavirus, COVID-19 tax relief efforts) were available in accounts starting Wednesday, April 15, 2020. For those that received a payment on April 15, it is based, partially, on whether you filed for electronic returns in 2018 or 2019 tax return filings. Click here to learn more.
If you have questions, please call our Contact Center at 800.562.6049, to be directed to a member of our business development and specialized lending team.
The following convenience services will help you efficiently manage your finances. We understand that you may be uncomfortable getting started. No problem. We’re just a call or a click away. Our team will help you set up these services and guide you through transactions.
- Service1st@Home online banking
- Service1st Mobile App
- Service 1st Teller Phone
- Mobile Deposits – deposit checks right from your mobile device! To get started, simply download our mobile app from your device’s store. Once you are logged in, you’ll choose “Mobile Deposit Service,” then “Make A Deposit.” Read the notice that will also share the daily limit and select continue. Endorse your paper checks with your signature and “S1 Mobile Deposit Only.” You will then be prompted to scan both sides of your paper check.
- Night Deposit Boxes – you can use these anytime you need to make a deposit. They are located at all of our offices.
- Access to over 55,000 ATMs – looking for an ATM nearby? Click here to use our ATM/Branch Locator to find a surcharge-free ATM near you.
stay connected | helpful links
- Stay alert. Evil doers never take a break from trying to scam good people. Don't be a victim. Check out the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) page for updates.
- Check out the links below from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
- Let's work together. We are asking employees to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) hygiene and disease prevention guidance and encourage members to do so as well. And, don't forget to stay calm. By working together, we'll get through this.
*Contact credit union for full details.